So you’ve made a decision. You’re tired of the face in the mirror looking older than you feel inside, and you’re ready to do something about it. With so many options available, though, how do you know which treatment will give you the results you’re looking for? Dr. Cameron Rokhsar, Manhattan Botox® expert, is also widely regarded as a provider of many other non-surgical treatment options and can help determine the right path for you.
Before you even have a consultation with Dr. Rokhsar, though, let’s go through the main types of treatment available:
- Botox®: a naturally occurring neurotoxin that has been in use for the removal of facial age lines for over 10 years. Botox® is commonly used to treat forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines, but it can also be used to gently reshape the jawline. It is administered via tiny injections in the target area, with results being apparent in about a week and lasting 3-5 months. After multiple treatments, results sometime last for up to 6-8 months.
- Juvederm: a smooth gel made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance made by the body to maintain skin hydration, is the first FDA approved hyaluronic acid filler proven safe for people of color. Common applications of Juvederm are for treatment of laugh lines, acne scars, under-eye bags, and enhancement of the lips and results last for 6-12 months.
- Voluma XC: the newest FDA approved addition to injectable fillers, Voluma XC is a viscous hyaluronic acid gel primarily used for replenishing fullness in the cheeks and cheekbones. Results can last up to two years.
- Radiesse: an injectable filler made of synthetic microspheres in gel, Radiesse is best used in the treatment of moderate to severe smile lines and enhancing the shape of your face. It also has an added benefit of stimulating production of collagen, which keeps the skin youthful looking and firm. Results typically last over a year.
- Restylane: In use since 1996, Restylane is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel filler commonly used to treat laugh and smile lines, sagging of the lips and to increase lip fullness. Results typically last for 6-9 months.
- Sculptra: a plant based synthetic injectable filler known as poly-L-lactic acid is used to increase skin thickness over time, increasing fullness and enhancing overall appearance. Sculptra works by restoring collagen deep in the skin layers, and thus, takes longer to see results than with most other treatments but provides more natural results that last for up to two years.
As you can see, there are a wide range of options available to suit your specific needs. So take action! Call Dr. Rokhsar, your Manhattan Botox® and non-surgical treatment expert, for a consultation today!