New York is the city that never sleeps…but, let’s face it, with all that hustle and bustle, not everyone has several hours a day to dedicate to sculpting an ideal body at the gym. Or maybe you’re super dedicated, but despite your best efforts, there are still some areas you could use a little help with. No doubt you’ve heard about liposuction and maybe you’re considering it as an option to get the body you’ve always wished you had, but there are so many different treatment types available. How do you know if liposuction is right for you, and if so, which kind?
Dr. Cameron Rokhsar is widely recognized as the New York liposuction expert and performs a variety of liposuction and liposculpture options to address your needs. Let’s have a look at the types of liposuction and some information on each:
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: the traditional method of liposuction in which a cannula attached to a pressurized vacuum is inserted through small incisions and excess fat is suctioned out.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: a sleeker, machine-powered cannula rapidly vibrates as fat is suctioned, minimizing manual movement and, thus, trauma to the body. This type generally requires smaller incisions and results in shorter, more precise procedure than the traditional method.
- Twin-Cannula Assisted Liposuction: in this method, a smaller inner cannula stimulates the surgeon’s stroke while the larger outer cannula suctions fat. This compound functionality removes much of the manual labor from the procedure and also results in less burning and scarring, due to the spacing effect of the outer cannula.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction: a precision low-energy laser beam liquefies fat cells, making them much easier to extract than in other methods. The laser seals blood vessels as it melts fat, reducing bleeding, swelling, and bruising. This method is typically performed under local anesthesia and requires less recovery time than other methods.
- Tumescent Liposuction: medicated saline fluid is injected into the fatty tissue, numbing and helping to liquefy it. The fat is the suctioned out through smaller micro-cannulas. This method is also commonly performed under local anesthesia and requires less recovery time than other methods.
- Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction: Tumescent fluid is injected into the fatty tissue then an ultrasonic probe is inserted through small incisions and used to break up and separate fat cells. A cannula is then inserted to suction out the excess fat. This method is very effective in fibrous areas like the back and hips and also for the treatment of male breasts.
Dr. Rokhsar specializes in tumescent, laser, and ultrasonic assisted liposuction methods, helping to minimize blood loss, swelling, bruising, and post-op recovery, and has a wealth of experience treating patients with a wide variety of needs. Call Dr. Cameron Rokhsar, your New York liposuction expert, for a consultation today!