Male Cosmetic Treatments
Cosmetic Surgery for Men
In order to enhance appearance or remove undesirable skin conditions or fat, modern dermatology increasingly provides more treatment options for men.
The most popular male cosmetic surgery procedures are as follows:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose-reshaping)- Surgery correcting procedure used to reconstruct, reshape, reduce or augment the nose to a desired form for functional or cosmetic reasons. Whether the patient had experienced a nose injury, needs repair for nasal airway problems, has a misshapen or displeasing nose because of genetics, this procedure can be used to treat a variety of issues.
- Gynecomastia (Male breast reduction)- Liposuction is a common procedure to eliminate the fat deposits in the breast for those suffering from gynecomastia. During the procedure, small incisions are made over the breast area. Small tubes called cannules, are inserted into the incisions and fat is extracted through the tubes attached to a pump. The gentle fat extraction leaves behind minimal scarring and a few weeks of recovery time.
- Pectoral Implants (Male breast enlargement)- Pectoral implants are an option for those that cannot achieve chest development. Implant surgeries such as pec implants, deltoid implants, bicep/tricep implants are ways to achieve muscle mass when exercise fails. A soft silicone implant is sculpted to the exact size to create a natural look and inserted into an incision made in the armpit. This has become an increasingly popular procedure that requires little down time with desired results.
- Liposuction (Fat removal) – Liposuction is performed with a typically smaller tube inserted into small incisions in the breast. Unwanted tissue is then removed through a suction pump carried through the small tubes. Local anesthesia is used throughout the procedure to keep the patient at ease, and after surgery is complete, stitches will be placed along incision lines.
- Otoplasty (Ear Reshaping)- Reshaping earlobe occurs in the plastic surgery office setting using a local anesthetic. The procedure consists of “freshening” the edges of the split and placement of sutures to complete the repair of the earlobe.
- Penis Enlargement- There are many enlargement routes one can take when they decide to add an inch or two onto their member. Pills, creams and surgery are among the most popular and sought after approaches. Lengthening surgery involves cutting the ligament that attaches the penis to the pelvic bone. In order to widen, implanted fat, silicone or tissue grafts can be inserted into the shaft.
- Hair Transplants- Hair restoration surgery is a safe, pain-free, minor surgical procedure performed in our onsite operating room under local anesthesia. Two to three sessions, spaced about six months apart, may be required to produce the most natural-looking, dense hair re-growth. Following a hair transplant session, patients return to normal hair styling and showering within one week.
- Botox- BOTOX® injections are typically used to erase forehead lines, crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes) and frown lines. On occasion, some other areas may be treated as well. BOTOX® is a purified neurotoxin which causes paralysis of specific muscles in these areas when injected in minute amounts. The reason it works is that wrinkles in these areas are actually creases that are created or worn into the skin by muscle contractions that make the same expressions repeatedly.
- Fillers- injectable substances used to replace volume lost due to aging. They can provide dramatic, long lasting results without general anesthesia or major surgery. Fillers are used for acne scars, hollowed-out under eye ‘bags’, deep wrinkles (including laugh lines and crow’s feet), thin lips, or aged hands. They can also be used on the cheeks or chin to enhance the symmetry and contour of the face. There are different types of fillers, each slightly different. Popular and effective fillers Dr. Rokhsar uses are Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane and Sculptra.
- Non-surgical nose job- A nose job or rhinoplasty is one of the most desirable cosmetic surgeries. The dermal filler, Radiesse, provides a non-surgical option for patients while decreasing recovery time. The treatment takes 15 minutes and lasts approximately one year.
- Non-surgical eye lift- A variety of lasers can also be used to tighten the skin under the eye. The CO2 laser causes dramatic tightening of the skin under the eyes and restores your old skin. Your eyelids can look years younger instantaneously.
- Acne scar treatment- Treatments may include cleansers, topical medications, oral medications, laser treatments, or photodynamic therapy. There are two main types of lasers used for acne scars: Fractional C02 lasers and fractional lasers. The difference between these lasers lies in the wavelength of light used and the amount of skin they target.