Is your confidence drooping with the prominence of your second chin? We understand your woes and are here to help. Dr. Rokhsar is well-versed in the latest treatments designed to reduce chin size and re-contour your facial features. Being the owner of a double-chin is quite common and can be the result of many factors, most of which are completely out of your control. The innovative procedures we feature in our office will provide you with a more natural and symmetrical appearance.
Why Double Chins are Acquired
A common misconception attributes the development of a double chin solely to obesity. While weight gain is a frequent contributor to the despised second-chin, it isn’t the only one. Such cases of accumulated subcutaneous fat deposits are typically due to the following:
- Weight Gain or Loss: Drastic weight gain or loss causes your skin to react by transforming its shape. This makes skin become loose, resulting in a stretchy and deformed composure.
- Genetics: Sometimes, our bodies are predisposed to traits and characteristics, so this one’s unavoidable
- Facial Expressions: The way we move our facial features can result in structural changes on our faces, resulting in the formation of a second chin.
- Obesity: Individuals who experience obesity have greater subcutaneous fat density, causing skin to hang and create a double-chin.
A double chin can occur with anybody, irrespective of age or gender, and is often impossible to be rid of without the help of a professional. Though sometimes unavoidable, Dr. Rokhsar features many options for individuals looking to reduce the appearance of fat surrounding the chin region.
Dr. Rokhsar has extensive training in a host of unique chin reduction techniques. His research and training allow him to decide the best treatment option for each patient while helping you achieve your goals. The physician will tailor your procedure to the severity of fat underneath your chin and your aesthetic goals. Treatment options include:
- Kybella: Kybella is a five minute injectable we utilize to destroy fat cells and tighten skin. This non-invasive procedure allows us to predictably re-contour your neck and provides you with a more uniform and beautifully rejuvenated appearance in three to five visits. Since there is slight recovery time involved with Kybella, we usually recommend this treatment for individuals with minimal subcutaneous fat. Dr. Rokhsar was one of the first providers of Kybella in the country, and additionally teaches other medical professionals how to administer Kybella under his Allergan training certification.
- CoolMini/CoolSculpting: This process destroys subcutaneous tissue via thermal energy during one hour sessions, but does not tighten skin. CoolMini and CoolSculpting technology work well for minimizing a large volume of neck fat and though the results take longer to appear, downtime is very minimal. Dr. Rokhsar is one of the first CoolSculpting doctors in the US, as he has been performing these treatments since 2008.
- Neck Liposuction: We reserve this procedure for individuals with a high volume of fatty tissue in the neck and chin area. The treatment is invasive and allows the surgeon to physically remove stubborn fat while you’re under local anesthesia. We recommend you rest for at least a week after your liposuction, but the results are worth the downtime and your confidence will prove it.
Why choose Dr. Rokhsar
Dr. Rokhsar is highly trained on all of the latest fat reduction technologies and is excellently rated by his patients. If you’re considering a change in your appearance, please contact our office for your cosmetic consultation.
Upper East Side Manhattan
328 East 75th St, Suite A, New York, NY 10021
Garden City Long Island
901 Stewart Ave, Suite 240, Garden City, NY 11530