MiraDry – Mirasmooth
Miradry in New York City and Long Island
Countless people are victims of a condition called hyperhidrosis- excessive sweating. Hyperhidrosis is uncontrollable and can cause patients to experience embarrassment in social and professional situations. Historically, prescription antiperspirants, Botox and surgery have been the only treatments available.
MiraDry and MiraSmooth are products with over 5 years of research and development. Together, they are the latest treatments for hyperhidrosis. These technologies use precise microwave electromagnetic energy to destroy sweat glands while leaving surrounding tissues un-harmed, resulting in an effective, long lasting treatment with minimal down time. For most patients, just two, one hour long treatments will result in significantly reduced sweating with results that last longer than any non-invasive treatment available.
Dr. Rokhsar was the first MiraDry and MiraSmooth provider in New York, and has done more MiraDry / MiraSmooth procedures than any other physician in the New York area.
Why MiraDry – MiraSmooth?
- Current treatments such as Botox and prescription antiperspirants are temporary and work only by disabling the sweat glands. MiraDry / MiraSmooth is longer lasting because it destroys sweat glands.
- Unlike surgery, MiraDry / MiraSmooth are both non-invasive and have little to no downtime. Many patients return to work after the procedure.
What happens on the day of the procedure?
- The doctor begins by injecting a local anesthetic to the area to be treated. This helps to significantly increase patient comfort
- Next, the doctor performs the treatment using the MiraDry / MiraSmooth device. He will choose settings specific to your skin anatomy. This procedure takes about an hour for both underarms.
- There is no aftercare after the procedure. You will return in three months to repeat the treatment.
Is there any downtime?
- There is no medical downtime after the procedure.
- You may experience some redness, swelling, and tenderness for up to two weeks. These side-effects are temporary and will clear with time.
- Many patients return to regular activities immediately following the procedure.
How effective is Miradry? When will I notice results and how long will they last?
- As with any procedure, results depend greatly on the patient being treated. In clinical trials, virtually all patients treated with MiraDry / MiraSmooth experienced reduced sweating.
- You will notice results immediately after the first treatment with increased results after the second treatment.
- In clinical trials, dramatic results were still apparent 12 months after treatment and scientific research shows that sweat glands do not regenerate after treatment.
Dr. Rokhsar is the first miraDry provider in New York with the greatest experience in the tristate area.
Upper East Side Manhattan
328 East 75th St, Suite A, New York, NY 10021
Garden City Long Island
901 Stewart Ave, Suite 240, Garden City, NY 11530