Men have looked to cosmetic procedures more than ever in recent years. Whether they want to enhance their appearance, treat undesirable skin conditions or remove fat; cosmetic procedures have become a reliable route.
The 12 most popular male cosmetic procedures: 7. Fillers– There is a wide variety of cosmetic dermal fillers that can treat anything from acne scars, hollowed-out under eye bags, deep wrinkles, thin lips or aging hands. These biodegradable substances can last anywhere between six months to a year and have proven excellent results in treating wrinkles and nasolabial sagging (lines formed around the nose and mouth).
8. Hair Transplants– Hair transplant surgery is a safe and minor surgical procedure conducted under local anesthesia. Two to three sessions spaced about six months apart may be required to produce the most natural looking hair re-growth. Patients can return to normal hair styling and washing just a week after the procedure.
9. Penis Enlargement- Pills, creams and surgery are the most popular and sought after approaches when seeking to add an inch or two to their member’s length or width. One lengthening surgery involves cutting a ligament that attaches the penis to the pelvic bone. In order to increase width, fat, silicone or tissue grafts can be inserted into the shaft.
10. Non surgical nosejob– Rhinoplasty or a nose job, is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for men, and for those that are surgery averse or seeking a temporary adjustment before making a permanent decision, can turn to a non-surgical option. Dr. Rokhsar talked about the benefits of non-surgical nose jobs and how the procedure works in an interview on ABC News. Using Radiesse, cosmetic dermal filler, the bridge of the nose can be altered during a 15 minute procedure.
11. Non surgical eyelift– A variety of laser can be used to tighten the skin under the eye. Ulthera, a non-invasive device that utilizes ultrasound to treat the skin is a popular and effective choice. The CO2 laser is also another viable choice that can cause dramatic tightening, making eyes look younger instantly. Dr. Rokhsar is a leading authority in laser surgery and has performed many non-surgical eye lift procedures, making him a reliable expert.
12. Acne Scar Treatment– Mild to moderate acne can leave behind a variety of scars that may not be treatable with just cleansers, topical medications and oral prescriptions. Laser treatments or photodynamic therapy are type types of very effective approaches to treating acne scars. The fractional CO2 laser uses a wavelength of frequency to treat microscopic sections of skin at a time to encourage new skin growth for a tighter and more even complexion.
New York City and Long Island fellowship-trained dermatologist, Dr. Cameron Rokhsar has been treating men for years. Due to his extensive training in non-invasive procedures, he understands how to treat all the various body types and ways fat can be deposited on a male’s body, as well as the specific cosmetic procedures that males today are most likely going to want to undergo.