Men have looked to cosmetic procedures more than ever in recent years. Whether they want to enhance their appearance, treat undesirable skin conditions or remove fat; cosmetic procedures have become a reliable route.
The 12 most popular male cosmetic procedures:
- Rhinoplasty (Nosejob)– Commonly known as the nose job, rhinoplasty has been a popular choice among men and women alike. Because the nose is one of the most prominent features on the face, a slight bump, dent, misalignment or break can cause distress. Surgery is sometimes needed for functional augmentation, such as if the patient has experienced a nose injury or has nasal airway problems. However non surgical nosejobs allow the patient to augment their nose in 15-minute’s with no downtime.
- Male Breast Reduction– Liposuction is a common procedure used to eliminate the fat deposits that occur from excessive weight gain, stubborn exercise resistant fat, or Gynecomastia (development of male breasts through genetics, weight gain or prolonged marijuana use).
- Pectoral Implants- Pectoral implants is a cosmetic procedure that is desirable for those that cannot achieve chest development through exercise alone. Implant surgeries such as pectoral, deltoid, bicep, and tricep implants are ways to appear to have muscle mass when exercise fails. A silicone implant is sculpted and inserted through an incision while the patient is under anesthesia. Stitches are then used to secure the implant and weeks of tenderness and bruising may follow. This is becoming an increasingly popular procedure that is almost exclusively male.
- Liposuction– Primarily used to remove fat, this procedure has been very common for years. The procedure is done under local anesthesia. After small incisions are made in the desired area, typically the arms, stomach and back for males, a tube is inserted and fat is suctioned and pumped out of the body. Stitches are used to close the incision areas and weeks of bruising, swelling and tenderness may follow.
- Otoplasty (Ear Repair)– More commonly known as ear reshaping, this cosmetic procedure is for those that have a genetically undesirable shape or have experienced an accidental tearing. The edges are freshened and stitches are placed to align the ear in a desirable fashion in this typically quick and simple procedure.
- Botox– These injections can be used to treat forehead lines, crow’s feet and even excessive sweating. This purified paralytic neurotoxin freezes muscles that have been overworked from repetitive expressions. This is a temporary solution that typically lasts three to four months.
New York City and Long Island fellowship-trained dermatologist, Dr. Cameron Rokhsar has been treating men for years. Due to his extensive training in non-invasive procedures, he understands how to treat all the various body types and ways fat can be deposited on a male’s body, as well as the specific cosmetic procedures that males today are most likely going to want to undergo.
Check tomorrow for the next 6 most popular male cosmetic procedures available today!